Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Eggs and potatoes



As I analyze the diet I have been eating, my main staples for the diet are: potatoes, eggs, meat, honey, flour, milk and butter. I eat vegetables also, but I usually end up eating from the list of staples. It's not that I don't enjoy eating vegetables, it's mostly a convenience issue. I can prepare a meal from my staples with ease. If I have to wash, dry, trim, chop and cook vegetables I don't end up eating them. I am willing to change, but my staples taste so good. I have gained three pounds since I started this diet--I am the only person that went on a diet and gained weight...

Also, I don't think it helps that I love that taste of maple syrup and honey mixed with melted butter on my pancakes. Or my garlic-pesto mashed potatoes with a liberal amount of Calder butter added--I can eat these anytime.

Aren

1 comment:

said...

Where have you been? Is eating getting so hard that you don't have time to report to us? Wondering how it is going....