Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pancakes are on the menu

This morning for breakfast I made local pancakes.

This is the recipe I used:

-3 eggs
-1 cup flour
-1/2-1 cup milk (depending on how thick or thin you like them)
-Butter for the skillet and to top the pancakes
-Honey --to top the pancakes

I used the Jenning's Brothers spring wheat blend of flour--which had spelt, buckwheat and whole wheat flours, eggs from a local Amish farm, and milk from Calder Dairy. I whipped the three eggs until they were fluffy, added a bit of milk and sifted in the flour. The pancakes were very hearty, and flavorful. I topped them with more butter and honey from The Ann Arbor Community Farm. I could eat these pancakes with a smile everyday, and I might just do that.



-Aren

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Smiling is definitely in order!