Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's getting better all the time.

Yesterday, Cameron and I ventured downtown to the farmers market. The Wednesday market is not as abundant in venders as the Saturday market. I ended up purchasing some almost ripe tomatoes, a large head of cauliflower, green bell peppers, amazingly sweet cherries, and some Zingerman's goat cheese and cream cheese. After that we went to check out the Food Co-op. They have a large selection of Tantre Farm produce and meat from Ernts Farm. I bought a pound of ground beef.

For dinner I ate ground Ernts Farm pork, that I purchased last Saturday at the farmers market. I added chopped garlic, and onions in with the pork, formed patties and cooked them in a skillet. I also sauted a few summer squash, cut battonet from Bella Vino I plated the food and finished it with Zingerman's cream cheese on top. This meal made me forget about the limits of my diet.

-Aren

No comments: